Licenses and activations
Before you can use your Devious Machines product, you will need to activate it using a license code. Non-activated products will run in demo mode for a limited time, however we recommend that you activate your product as soon as you have purchased it.
Under LICENSES below, you will find the license codes for the products you have purchased from the Devious Machines store.
Licenses purchased from Plugin Boutique will not appear here. If you purchased your Devious Machines product from Plugin Boutique, find it at https://www.pluginboutique.com/
How to activate your product
- Find the license code for your product.
- Select the license code: include the ---BEGIN--- and ---END--- lines.
- Press Ctrl-C (Windows) or Command-C (Mac) to copy the license code to your clipboard
- Open the plugin
- Select the plugin's menu (the gear icon near the top - see picture) and select License
- The license dialog window will open. Click the LICENSE button. This will copy the license from your clipboard.
- If your license code is accepted, you will a confirmation on screen.
- Your product is now activated.
Have problems licensing your product? See Troubleshooting.
I can't find my license code
If you purchased your license from the Plugin Boutique store, it will not appear on this site. Please log in to https://www.pluginboutique.com/ to retrieve your license, and contact Plugin Boutique customer support if you have any further problems.
If you purchased your license from the Devious Machines store (i.e., this website) then the code should be listed under "My Licenses" above, and you should also have received a copy of the license code in an email when you purchased the product. If your code does not appear here, ensure that you are logged into this site using the same email address/account that you were originally registered with when you purchased the product. If you still cannot find it, please contact customer support.
I get an error when I click "License"
If you purchased a license code, but are seeing an error message when trying to activate the product, please follow the following instructions carefully.
- Double check that you are using the code for the product which you are trying to license. Each one is unique!
- Ensure that you have copied the code correctly. It should include the ---BEGIN--- and ---END--- lines, and everything in between.
- If you still see an error, you may activate the product using a license code contained in a text document. To do this:
- If you are using PC, open the Notepad application. If you are using Mac, open TextEdit, and start a new document.
- Mac Only: in Textedit, go to the Format menu, and select Make Plain Text.
- Copy the license code, including the ---BEGIN--- and ---END--- lines, and paste it into your text document.
- Save the text document to somewhere on your disk (e.g. your documents folder).
- Open the plugin, go to the gear menu, and select License to open the licencing window.
- Click the LOAD button. A file selector will now appear.
- Navigate to and select the license text document which you just saved in step 4.
- Your license should now load, and the plugin will activate.
If you have followed all of the above steps and are still experiencing problems, please contact customer support.